Terms and Guidelines
Following are the standard terms and guidelines which could be in combination with our other terms and conditions depending upon program to program or schemes to schemes etc.
We congratulate you for your guitar learning decision & initiative. We appreciate your decision to go with a constructive and goal oriented learning; a warm welcome and love from guitarmonk team.
In order to provide our student with the best of education and smooth coordination, following are the standard policies (but not limited to), rules; terms, guidelines and code of conduct applied upon all students whoever enrolls at our programs.
- ADVANCED INFORMATION FOR ABSENCE BY THE STUDENT – Student must inform guitarmonk about his/her absence much advanced (and not on same day) by emailing at firstname.lastname@example.org or in written in print.
- CLASS ATTENDANCE – All students are requested to attend their classes regularly. Absenteeism and late coming to class may result in lack of Please note consistency is the backbone of a productive learning, and attending or not attending session/s is solely the student’s decision & responsibility.
- SIGNING ATTENDANCE REGISTER – Student should sign their attendance sheet/register regularly. Your non-signing the register will be considered as your absent. It is the duty of student to sign it regularly during each class.
- PUNCTUALITY – Students are requested to attend classes within their allotted time slots only. Late coming doesn’t mean late going from the class or/and attending class other than your allotted time slot. Please note that each session and batch is content, time and level focused.
- SUPPORT COMMUNICATION EMAIL ADDRESS – Student should only contact at email@example.com for any concerns/communications related to your program’s support.
- CURRICULUM KIT (If applicable to your program) – Student’s curriculum kit gets dispatched or distributed to the student within the 1st However, if a student forgets to take the curriculum then he/she should formally email guitarmonk within 2 weeks from the date of distribution. Note: Student needs to collect the curriculum on their own (if they miss it) & give acknowledgment.
- FREE PLECTRUM FOR ALL – Every student will be given one free plectrum at the time of enrollment. Students need to buy their own plectrum if they misplace the Guitarmonk’s plectrum. Please note that you should keep that plectrum in your wallet or purse for more safety.
- INSTRUMENT FACILITY AT THE CENTER – All students are requested to bring their own instrument. If you have any constraint then you can opt for Guitar on Rent/Hire facility and for this you have to write us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org as advanced. If this facility can be provided by guitarmonk then we will provide you with the applicable rental/hiring charges.
- COLLECTING GUITAR GIFT / ACCESSORIES – It is the duty of the student to collect their free Guitar Gifts, Accessories or their Paid / Ordered music instruments/ accessories as guided by Guitarmonk.
- CERTIFICATION & EXAMINATION – Only successful* students will be provided with Certificate of Participation by Guitarmonk. Participants can also opt for Certificate of Competence via a separate exam (which is paid) in order to get certified for the applied module. Contact email@example.com for details.
- FREE FORUM FACILITY – As a benefit value, Guitarmonk’s CBP & CRP students gets optionally provided with an e-Forum, with the user name and password. Although FORUM is an additional paid service of Guitarmonk but we are keeping it FREE as yet and only for the CRP or CBP learners. Guitarmonk reserves the right to revoke this free/optional facility without any prior notice.
- JOBS & INTERNSHIPS – Lucky Guitarmonk students can also enjoy the opportunity of various projects, jobs/internships (not a part of any of our programs). Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
- EARN WHILE LEARN – This facility is available for career seekers in guitar industry. Are you the one? Email us at email@example.com
- SOCIAL SERVICE – Guitarmonk is one of India’s largest music social movements working on several social causes as Music for Cancer, Music for Poor, Crime Prevention through Music etc. We invite our students for such social services. Participants will further receive certificate or reward as may be applicable based on the project.
- FEEDBACK IS MUST FROM STUDENT SIDE – We always emphasize on receiving regular feedbacks from our students. They should always participate in all feedback/assessment mechanisms be it Tests (Theory and Video), Forms, Interviews, and Reviews etc. After all this is to serve you with the best of learning. Your performance reports and feedback helps us to check your reason of lack of growth and also assist you to consciously pick your gap at right time. Kindly attend and response to all feedback mechanisms so that we can assess your performance. In absence of it by student in time, guitarmonk will not be able to assess the student’s performance.
- RELATIONSHIP WITH GUITARMONK – Students should maintain direct relationship and written communication with guitarmonk at firstname.lastname@example.org (if required) but not to any individual/ teacher/employee etc. This practice will ensure that a student will get a complete facility and deliverable within stipulated time.
- LIMITATION OF SERVICE – Guitarmonk’s program service is bounded officially and only limited to providing fixed sessions based on the tenure of relative program. Irrespective of whether students attend the class or remain absent, sessions will be counted in both the cases. Services apart from this as telephonic support, email support or else are courtesy and value-addition service given/done by guitarmonk and doesn’t come under formal obligation of guitarmonk.
- SHARE IDEAS & DISCUSS – The more you discuss the music, the more it grows.
- FREE SUBSCRIPTION – We automatically register all guitarmonk students as our subscribers for important updates, music tips, lessons, videos, offers etc (when they enroll to any of our service). In case they miss to receive the updates, they can subscribe at the following links:
- Guitarmonk – www.guitarmonk.com
- Kapil Srivastava – www.guitaristindia.com
- YouTube – www.youtube.com/guitarmonk
- Channel – www.youtube.com/gmtunetime
- Facebook – www.facebook.com/guitarmonk
- Twitter – www.twitter.com/theguitarmonk
- Wikipedia – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kapil_Srivastava
POLICIES & PARAMETERS OF VARIOUS SERVICES/SUBJECTS OF EDUCATION PROGRAMS
- RETAIL/GUITAR ON HIRE/RENT IS A 3rd PARTY FACILITY – All facilities related to instrument are supported, assisted to students to prevent them from inferior retail practices and to serve them convenience. Please note that these facilities are apart from education and students are free to opt or non-opt them. These services entirely depends up on the availability of guitars in inventory, availability of additional conveyance, additional person to deliver etc and at the sole discretion of Guitarmonk. These service needs are served on the allotted days of class only with seven days advanced request.
- COURSE TENURE POLICY – Guitarmonk’s trainers are qualified and professional to complete the program in stipulated time always. They have also undergone stringent training (guitar teacher training) so that they teach you content/topic within required time.
- TENURE EXTENSION POLICY – However, considering yearly festivals, national, gazette holidays or any unavoidable reason by guitarmonk as mentioned/informed to you by guitarmonk, students are allowed with some laxity and extensions (varies program to program). You can also ask for the updated/prevailing extensions to a program (if any) for the current year. Students are advised to complete their program in the given tenure via regular presence. No extension is allowed nor should be assumed for any program unless specifically mentioned (as in written by the guitarmonk). Even if in case the management approves privilege of extension then student has to pay the fee for the additional number of months/classes (as lump-sum) plus batch transfer fee applicable at that time (refer below).
- COURSE COMPLETION – by the teacher is based on the student’s capacity to go along with the program.
- TRANSFER TO ONLINE LEARNING – Guitarmonk charges subsidized fee from students in batch learning unlike one-o-one learning. There are also some certain cases where batches don’t get formed or breaks in between due to any circumstance beyond our control. In such case, guitarmonk doesn’t charge high fee from remaining student/s so as to meet the cost rather provide the same learning under the same fee as Live Interactive Online Learning wherein the teacher is teaching to the student as Live. Although it costs us minimum Rs. 1000 to Rs. 2500 per class but no extra fee will be chargeable from the student in this case. This practice is ensured for the benefit of the student so as to initiate the learning without delay.
- EXTENSION OF PROGRAM’S POLICY ABOVE LAXITY PERIOD | EXTRA CHARGES – If a student is extending the program after laxity period due to absence or any other reason (as for maintaining the touch-base with the environment or want to revise the topic/s) then student will have to pay extra fee for the months above their tenure (as per the program & the fee applicable at that time).
- BATCH/BRANCH SHIFT POLICY – As per the policy, batch shift is limited to only under critical circumstance/emergency situation (sickness, accident etc where a person is psychologically or physically unfit to attend/perceive the class). In case of batch shifting student is offered to choose from the ongoing and preceding batches from a particular session happening at other centers in the city. The decision of a particular
batch is decided with the guidance of the mentor and is the sole discretion of guitarmonk. The batch shift will be provided based on the student’s technical gap, any missed topic/s, concept/s or re-start his/her entire sessions.
Batch/Branch Shift Application (Form) & Extension Charges – Student needs to fill the batch shift application form and pay Rs. 2500/- as the batch shifting charge. (Download Batch Shift application form from website or ask it through email from email@example.com).
In addition to the above charges, In case the batch shift is giving additional sessions/classes to the students or is crossing the assigned tenure of the program student registered at, then student need to pay the additional fee as lump-sum calculated based on the total number of additional months/sessions.
Philosophy of Batch Shifting – is an additional support facility and not a mandatory service of guitarmonk – Dear student, it is vital for you to understand the importance of this facility. Guitarmonk as one of India’s leading guitar specialty brand, was able to bring this solution & took this unique step to push & help sincere students who lose their opportunity & time due to any reasonable reason. Batch shift is an optional/courtesy service of guitarmonk to help its sincere students. Please note that this is not a part of your program & must not be understood as a formal/official duty/contract of guitarmonk nor Guitarmonk is accountable to guarantee the batch shift for every student. Guitarmonk reserves the right to discontinue this service, as per the discretion, at any point of time, without any prior notice.
- NO PERSONAL, VERBAL, INDIVIDUAL ACCOUNTABILITY IS VALID FOR YOUR PROGRAM OTHER THAN OFFICIAL COMMITMENTS – Guitarmonk will only entertain commitment served in written (i.e. through email/prints). Any personal commitment expected by the student from the teacher or made by the teacher to a student doesn’t come under guitarmonk’s service guidelines/responsibility.
- INSTALLMENT FACILITY FOR SPECIFIC PROGRAMS – IS A SUPPORT & ASSISTANCE FOR THE STUDENT IS to pay fee with convenience and as deferred. This facility is introduced so that maximum students can benefit from the programs considering their inability to pay fee in lump-sum. However once a student is registered in a program, he has to deposit the Post-dated cheque/s as advanced at the time of registration only. The installment cheques are considered as ‘deferred’ payment. The student is admitted on the grounds of his 100% interest, commitment and agreement of payment for the relative program whether he/she continues or not.Late payment/delay in Installment – It is the student’s duty to inform guitarmonk for any late date payment which will be accompanied by a late payment charge of Rs. 1000 and maximum extension time limit of 14 days. Failure to pay installment after 14 days will automatically cancel your registration and hence all schemes/discounts/gifts/offers/customizations (if any) offered to the student need to be returned/given back to guitarmonk on an immediate basis. Guitarmonk will not do or be liable for any further communication in this regard.
- RE-ADMISSION PROCEDURE FOR CANCELLED REGISTRATIONS – Cancelled registration can only apply as a new admission i.e. as a fresh applicant, i.e. through a fresh process of registration only.
- CHEQUE BOUNCING/DISHONOR OF INSTALLMENT’S CHEQUE – Student is accountable to pay the bouncing charge and also submit the installment’s cheque immediately in compliance with the late fee policy.
POLICY FOR HOLIDAYS, POSTPONEMENT OF SESSION – In order to ensure regularity and safety of the premises and considering our contract terms with the trainers and the venue/s, we have to finish the classes within the tenure only. Please note considering the trainers and venue contracts, the classes are neither transferrable nor hold back to a later time. If you are not coming to your allotted class, it will be marked as absent only. Whereas Government/official holidays or holiday by guitarmonk mentors will be served with an additional class by informing as advanced to the student. For example – Any class/s, if get postponed, is always informed (as advanced) through written email/SMS (as the process and policy of Guitarmonk). And If there is more than one class getting postponed, specific dates will be mentioned for the same in the email/SMS. (There will be no assumed absence if not informed).
- CHANGE OF CENTRE/FACILITY AS PER MODULE – Students are asked to attend specific modules at Jam Pad and particular session at specialized facility and faculty of guitarmonk. Students are advised to undertake these sessions, as they are part of their necessary modules. Guitarmonk reserves the right to change your center, time slot, day/schedule, and teacher and even hold/postpone your sessions for some-time for the purpose of balancing your pace of learning, revision, test, examination, video shoot, performance, rehearsals, recording, special sessions etc.
- FEE REFUND POLICY – Guitarmonk education is provided with a motto of connecting music to the masses and in most cases education programs are offered as limited seat/registrations for a territory under an advanced registration scheme with heavy discounts. Once these numbers of seats are achieved, guitarmonk doesn’t allow any further batch in that territory for that session/year.Please also note that the actual fee of the CRP program (40 Sessions) is Rs. 49500, CBP Program (20 Sessions) is Rs. 28500 & Module-wise (10 sessions) fee is Rs. 16500. Facilities offered in a particular program (if applicable) involving tuition charges, gifts, discounts, venue, learning kit, online learning registration etc. are offered as an overall scheme & package available at that time, is subsidized fee for select students. All schemes are limited to enrollment numbers, batch per territory, time frame. The objective of these schemes is to provide the best possible value to its students. Students opting for a particular program must ensure their decision before registering to the program as relative administration formalities; curriculum/accessories charges, online registration, venue facility, mentor’s commitment, taxation & transfer are executed immediately once registration is done and cannot be reversed at any circumstances. Student withdrawing out from a particular seat once all these processes are incorporated is completely accountable for his/her decision and sudden cancellation and there is no fee refund allowed.Please note that registration of a student is a final call & process which can’t be reversed. We always urge our students to make their selection and decision carefully (to join any of our programs) so as to save excessive time loss, administration loss for the institution and loss of seat and opportunity for both. We also understand that attending or not attending this program is finally a student’s personal decision/choice. Hence, we don’t serve any refund system/policy under any guitarmonk learning program. And fee is non-refundable under all circumstances. We request our students to not submit any refund request.Please note that your seat can be a valued opportunity for another passionate guitar lover who has missed it just because the admission was made on first come first serve basis. Hence it is your liability to pay/clear all the pending installments or any service charge/product taken by you (if any). In failure to provide the session/s to the student, without any specific reasons, the maximum liability of service of guitarmonk will be limited to the amount of fees paid for the pending sessions of the student. And will never exceed to the amount of fees paid by the student.
- STUDENT SUPPORT/ COUNSELING AS ALWAYS ON EMAIL & NOT TELEPHONE – Guitarmonk program is committed to smooth functioning which is limited to the teacher, curriculum and venue/territory facility for the given program & tenure only. Guitarmonk counsels student pertaining to the technical aspects of the enrolled program during the program tenure. Such supports are only facilitated via email and not/never on telephone. Guitarmonk doesn’t serve or provide any dedicated student support or counseling facility for the student throughout the year for requests or doubts, as they are already in contact with the Guitarmonk’s teacher for all such technical queries. They are further explained in written, mentioned in the forum for further reference.Please note there is no telephonic support we offer to the students (as we don’t charge for it) during the program because they are in direct touch with teachers at every week as in – person and besides that our process head coordinates all information (via email) before time to avoid any gap. Guitarmonk Education is managed by support managers at the backend – Besides teachers, guitarmonk’s support – managers ensure that students’ education process are well maintained and timely executed. They inform and stay in touch to students via support email at firstname.lastname@example.org and communicate, replies all information, reports, issues in written. In all other cases, guitarmonk support facility for pre-registration is available on specific time slots on all regular days as mentioned in the website for diversified services, domains etc.
- RETAIL FACILITY – Guitarmonk acts as a ‘facilitator’ between retailer and the student to avoid student being victim of inferior practices by retailers. Guitarmonk ensures that all guitars/instruments are thoroughly checked, original make and are easily accessible to the student. Please note that this is a volunteer attempt, as a courtesy, for all its students and not any business service. Once the instruments are delivered to you, you must take full care of your instruments and must remember all maintenance tips (also at website). All these instruments based services (repair, replacement etc) need to be dealt with Vendors/manufacturing only and not Guitarmonk. Guitarmonk’s liability is only limited to the giving you the proper instrument. However as a mentor, guitarmonk will always advise to its best. We request to kindly maintain this understanding.
- For CBP (Complete Beginner’s Program) –
- Extension of classes by HR/Employees/Students – If students extend the session from maximum 5 months to 6 months due to their official, personal work. They are required to pay an extension charge for it based on the respective number of sessions. The charge will be told by the Guitarmonk authority at the time of availing this service.
- The discretion of ‘extension’ is on criterion of guitarmonk and guitarmonk has full authority to disallow any extension of sessions. In that case classes will be considered completed even if 20 sessions are not delivered and few sessions are yet remaining. Guitarmonk has full authority to not allow any further session and forfeit the rest sessions based on 5 months completion and due to students’ personal choice to not take any particular classes/classes out of any reasons (professional or personal) or call off sessions for any other priorities. After 5 months it will be considered as ‘services delivered’.
- Attendance Management, Evidence Procurement & Reporting -Please note as and when the ‘facility of classes’ is not under direct control of ‘guitarmonk’ including security, cameras, attendance register, entry and exit permissions, other logistics etc. Guitarmonk cannot take a conditional entry (of providing written slip or delay class entry as the security guard was missing) during some particular sessions visit etc.It is the duty of ‘venue manager’ or ‘facility provider’ or ‘organizer’ who has the security and valid permissions for conducting of guitar classes, to take responsibility of record-keeping of teacher’s attendance and furnishing/managing relative evidences. Teacher will be however keeping attendance record at a personal level but rest documentary evidences of teacher’s visit is the sole responsibility of ‘venue manager’ or ‘facility representative’ which includes a) issuing of slips for every visit of teacher and giving a copy for same, b) Security Cam evidences of visits, c) attendance register etc.Guitarmonk shouldn’t be asked for a documentary evidence of ‘attendance’ later after completion of classes but rather should be submitted with evidence from the HR manager side only.
- Maintaining the Sanctity & respect for the program – Students will be disallowed for any further sessions if found to be belittling, directly or indirectly threatening, harassing, blackmailing, raising judgment, comparing, being superior or humiliating the sanctity, effectiveness, morale & motivation of the content/program.
- Submission of Photograph & Identity Proofs – Considering Security Concerns. Student must submit  Company/College/School/Business ID Proof,  Permanent Address Proof (Voter/Aadhaar Card/Driving License) &  Present Address Proof (If permanent and present address is different) &  Recent Passport Sized Photograph. Failure to submit it (via email) before the commencement of your 1st session will prohibit you to attend the sessions/Program you enrolled in till you submit it.
Retail Terms & Conditions
- Goods once sold will not be taken back or exchanged.
- Any doubts or issues should be reported within 24 hours.
- All guitar provided by Guitarmonk are tested and made available and delivered as 100% accurate, safe and in perfect working condition to the student/buyer. Please note that guitarmonk technical team checks every minute part of guitar including its’ action, strings, body and various other parts before handing it over to the student. As guitar is a delicate instrument, it is the duty of the student to handle it with utmost care and see the maintenance tips. Guitarmonk will not be accountable for any damages after delivery.
Please note that you need to maintain your Guitar to make it run for years. Please check for maintenance tips lesson at Guitarmonk Website or Forum or request it from email@example.com. A guitar is a sensitive instrument and all physical damages, accidents don’t not come in guarantee or warranty by any vendor at any time. Petty guitar repairs are always repairable by any local vendor as like any product or service. Note: guitar is an instrument which can be ruined in just 8 hours or can even be maintained for 8 years.
- Guitarmonk is not a manufacturer of any of the products but only a facilitator; hence our liability is only limited to provide you with technically tested and good quality product at your place.
PROGRAM TRAINING PARAMETERS
- PACE OF THE CLASS – Music receptivity varies from student to student and can’t be imposed if the students or a particular student is unable to understand the preceding topic/s or a little slow or with below-average Music IQ. Then it is on the discretion of the teachers at guitarmonk, for the benefit of the growth of the batch/student, to either reduce the pace & content of the class based on the student’s capacity/level of understanding to absorb the topics.
- PRACTICAL & THEORY TEST – The student’s practical level of competence is ascertained via written and practical test being organized in the class where an average mark is 70% and below that is below average. The purpose of this test is to have vigilance on your progress via these check points. (Read Feedback/Assessment Mechanism point above).
- UNDER PERFORMANCE INFLUENCES THE SPEED OF THE BATCH – Lack of practice, lack of consistency and absenteeism may lead to under performance by the student and it is the student’s duty to cover it up with the help of batch-mates or self-time.
- MUSICAL CONCEPTS VS PLAYING TUNES – Technical concept and grammar is the foundation of any musical phrase/melody and this is what the right musical education tries to deliver. Guitarmonk education also tries to edify the same musical concept through various tunes. It is not the quantity of musical tunes that matters but the music concepts. The teacher sets the foundation to make you adaptive of plethora of tunes of same level. It is the student’s responsibility to must cover all these remaining tunes as their home-work/ assignments and show to their teacher. Furthermore, the understanding given to students are their life-time content and repertoire which they have to build and keep developing through these concepts, on their own, in subsequent years.
Please note that not all tunes need to be covered by the teacher. The tunes are meant for your personal practice, your performance repertoire for any platform or stage be it School, College or Office. The overall objective of these tunes is to establish concept of scales (or particular scale) on guitar. However Teacher may choose to explain the same scales via other contemporary tunes as considered best based on technical capability of student.
- ASSIGNMENTS SUBMISSION (self-performing & recording) by the student – Based on the program/s student need to submit their assignment on his/her own either as daily/weekly/fortnightly always as an indispensable part of their learning. CBP/CRP/HCRP/Module wise (Prelude/Module 1, Module 2, 3, 4) enrolled students need to submit their assignment weekly. You can also email to know your assignment list at firstname.lastname@example.org. Guitarmonk can cancel/transfer/hold the classes on non-submission or under-practice. Guitarmonk reserves the right to take strict measures and apply fine of Rs. 1000 to 5000 on students who are insincere/non-committed to bring sincerity and priority for the subject matter.
- ASSIGNMENT FORMAT – Assignments include self-performing & recording your ‘to-do’ tunes/exercises/theory etc. It will include Audio & Video recording through mobile/cam etc. Each assignment tune is a part of your report marks. You need to upload it at your drive and email us at the link at email@example.com
- ASSIGNMENT PHILOSOPHY – The objective behind assignment conducting is to make you well-versed with the concepts, aural and site-reading skills without the help of the teacher or (prelim-demo of tune by the teacher).
- TECHNICAL DEVELOPMENT LEVELS – Technical Level of guitarmonk program/s are bifurcated on the parameters of concepts and not on the quantity of tunes.
- MORE CONTENT FOR BRILLIANT STUDENTS – Teacher will help with more content and additional tunes to good practiced students to quench their knowledge thirst & enrich their musical joy.
BATCH GUIDELINES FOR STUDENTS
- STUDENT TEACHER RELATIONSHIP – See it as Student & Teacher rather Customer & Company/Business relationship – Customer can decide what he knows but not a student or client as they don’t know the subject, that’s why Mentor is your judge. Trust and surrender for best outcome. Maintain respect, value and trust.
- OBEY TEACHER’S DIRECTION – Let the mentor drive you as he is the best for your growth decision. Give him freedom and space to bring you on the task, listen to him/her & let them indulge you in Guitar.
- AVOID ABSENTEEISM – Avoid Absence in class and if in case you are absent, discuss notes with class mates. Also refer Guitarmonk’s Forum to fine-tune some of the base-building topics.
- AVOID REPETITION (ASK YOUR BATCH-MATES) – Don’t discuss repetitive topics with teacher to hinder class momentum. In case you have problem with any of the topics then discuss it with your batch mates or request teacher to conduct a problem-solving session for the batch.
- BATCH OBJECTIVE OVER INDIVIDUAL OBJECTIVE – Please note that a specific content learning is not possible in a batch but only module learning as we have to maintain batch ethics and respect every student playing. So go along with content of the class
- INDEPENDENT CHOICE REPERTOIRE PROGRAM – Don’t expect it as a Personal Song/Repertoire Program else you will hinder your growth.
- Follow content of the program as guided to you by the teacher. It will teach you many tunes but it primarily focus on your development at that level. You should ask guitarmonk for Independent Choice Repertoire Programs separately or register for next level program if you are passionate and sincere for more learning as Ragas on Guitar, Bollywood Guitaring, Diploma in Guitar, Launch Me etc
- DO YOU HAVE HIGH LEVEL & PROFESSIONAL TARGETS? – Complete Guitar Knowledge Program (a constructive and complete development) is a logical development of several levels. You should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to know more about it.
YOUR GUITAR LEARNING IS IN YOUR HANDS | BLUNDERS THAT MAKE STUDENT FAIL
- WHAT DISTURBS THE CLASS SPEED?
- MISSING NOTES/NOTATIONS – Many Students take snap shots of class content in their mobile but they don’t ever write their notes. They are looking for other’s copies during classes and are completely oblivion of previous class/s contents.
- MISSING PRACTICE – Not referring or practicing what’s done in their last class and expecting teacher to either repeat or not extend the class, stops the Module completion. Many students don’t touch guitar for a week time after their previous class.
- COMPLETELY FORGETFUL OF TOPICS – Keeping no summary and no revision of topics. Keeping no practice and memory/record of same tunes they themselves practiced in last class/es.
- NOT ATTENDING CLASSES – And expecting complete module’s knowledge in remaining classes and time, is impossible.
EXPECTING A HIGHER LEVEL REPERTOIRE THAT DOESN’T FORM PART OF YOUR MODULE OR LEVEL – is expecting to make sentences without complete Alphabets Knowledge. Students who are unable to perform or render Prelude & Grade -1 tune cannot go for any Repertoire Module.
- LACK OF PATIENCE AND CONSISTENCY – Not able to withstand exercises or technical development part but focusing on final entertainment/result is expecting to eat good food without enough cooking effort.
- SEEING CLASS AS AN ENTERTAINMENT RATHER PARTICIPATION & LEARNING – Student should participate mentally and physically in
the class. Don’t think your teacher as a mere entertainer. Participation is a student’s responsibility. Please don’t see your guitar class as watching movies or seeing guitar performance or any spa activity.
- SEE PROGRAM AS DEVELOPMENT OF MUSIC MATURITY – Clearly see program as a development of music maturity and not collection of
tunes, exercises and theory. It’s a practice and stamina game just like swimming, workouts and it’s also a mental development just like Chess.
You have to be in the process. You have to work as a participant, as a performer and not audience. You have to learn it, do it and not just see it as an attendant. Comprehend things rather just take note of it in copy. Do practice, confirm doubts. Have fun and relish. This is all music about..!
- NOT PRACTICING AS PER THE PRACTICING CHART – Students should practice as per the practice schedule given by the teacher which includes balancing warm ups + chords + leads as per teacher’s guidance.
- DON’T INDULGE TEACHER IN TUNING YOUR GUITAR OR CHANGING YOUR STRING SET – You should Get Your Personal Tuner – Don’t ask teacher before or after the class to tune your guitar. Teacher can always show courtesy but this is not a proper and right way to do as it consumes lot of time of the quality class (for e.g. if a student takes 3-5 minutes of teacher for tuning a guitar then for 10 students it would waste at least half an hour of the class).
- STRING SET CHANGE – If you want to get your guitar strings changed then contact email@example.com. Guitarmonk guitar doctors will assist you to the best in doing this.
Guitarmonk reserves the right to change any of its terms, policies, fees, content, structure, any service etc as per its discretion i.e. without giving any prior information. By applying to any of our program/service you acknowledge & agree to the corresponding terms & guidelines to that service.
In case you don’t agree to any of the aforesaid terms please don’t register for the program.
We wish you all the best in your learning.
Love and Regards